Plastasphalt is an elastic repair material that can be used to repair cracks, holes and other surface damage in highways, roads, urban streets, bridges or any other area paved with asphalt or concrete. The elastic properties make the repair material well suited for motorways, highway ´s and inner city roads with heavy traffic. The Plastasphalt is used in major European cities such as Berlin, Copenhagen and Hamburg, and the motorway and highways in both Germany and Denmark. The story of our road repair material goes back in history as a liable solution for both crack and hole repairs, it was developed in the 1970th for the repair and closing of the tram tracks in Copenhagen, Denmark,
Plastasphalt is applied at a temperature of approx. 200 ° C and can penetrate even into very small cracks. The rubber content, the oil and the bitumen provide elasticity, which reduces the stress caused by movement of the roadbed due to settling, weather and heavy traffic. The high temperature will also ensure a high adhesion capacity and it bond with all know road surfaces. It is applied in stripes of 10 – 50 cm width. The stripes can also be laid out next to each other, to cover larger damaged areas
Plastasphalt can be applied in minutes with a small truck and almost no equipment. The repaired surface is ready to accept traffic within minutes after application, making Plastasphalt an ideal material to be used in areas with heavy traffic.
Plastasphalt consists primarily of granite, limestone, sand, chalk, oil, bitumen and rubber.
Plastasphalt is produced in accordance with current environmental rules. It is manufactured and applied pollution free. The rubber ingredient is obtained from recycled scrap tires, contributing to the reduction of the tire pollution and no left-over packaging.
RoadFlex is a unique, Plastic Asphalt developed by StrassenFlex for repairing cracks and potholes on roads and can be used on asphalt and concrete substrates.
RoadFlex utilises similar technology to conventional bitumen based road repair systems, whilst offering significant improvements in product handling, with huge advantages over conventional bituminous materials:
- Environmentally Friendly – contains recycled components.
- Convenient one pack powder
- Improved adhesion compared to conventional bitumen based systems
- Less waste – all packaging is meltable with no cardboard boxes to dispose of
- Easy to handle – the bagged product will not flow or seep during storage
- RoadFlex two-part system
- Permanent repair solution
- Offers major efficiencies – early treatment prevents water ingress and the formation of potholes
- Proven long term performance
- Blend of macro and micro textures optimises initial and long term skid resistance
- Can be laid all year round
- Fast curing times- typically 15 mins @ ambient temperature
- Suitable for use on all asphaltic surfaces